Taking An Upholstery Job In
Submitted by Stephen Winters on Sun, 09/16/2012 - 18:44
Making out an estimate
Writing up a Work Order
- Ordering the Fabric
- Order matching thread
- Order any foam or other supplies
Using a Calendar
Your Job Schedule
When the Fabric Arrives from the Fabric company
- Check the fabric in
- Put client's name or Job Name on the fabric
- Check fabric against the fabric in the sample book to verify
- Pattern and Color is the same as what client ordered: Read color and pattern names on both fabric sample and on
- Color dye lot is the close: hold fabric on roll against the color swatch in the sample book.
- Roll out fabric:
- measure to verify you receive the amount you ordered
- Watch carefully for flaws, color variations, crushing of the pile (of velvets)
- Put the fabric back in it's protective wrapping, or wrap it in new plastic.
- Put roll of fabric away on the shelf
Starting the Job
- Check the Fabric
- Roll out the fabric, determine useable length.
- Measure usable width.
- Check for flaws. Make drawing of where flaws are in fabric, take measurements
- Printer-friendly version
- Log in to post comments